The eighth month

 

So August is upon us. I set some lofty goals for the month. I posted this on some of my social media sites. 




Here are my writing goals for the month of August:




I have completed half of Chapter 6 of my ongoing story Beef Witch You  and hope to be ready to start Chapter 7 midweek while I finish up and edit Chapter 6. That is how I have been able to post between 3500  to 3700 word chapters weekly. Beef Witch You will be a novella. Eventually I  will write a novella for each sector of Forestdale.  They will be free and published on Wattpad and Inkitt. I think it's a good way to practice and improve my writing while slowly building an audience. 

I invested a little into some marketing efforts to drive readers to my books on Wattpad. The effect over all,  has been minimal at best. I have gained some very loyal followers of the story which makes me happy. 
I have also tried jumping on some writerslift or writerlifts on Twitter but again, it's slow going. I did, however,  find a very interesting short story by an Australian author I had never heard of, and was very pleased with the book. I reviewed it on Amazon and GoodReads. 
I am not going to put it on my Who She Reads blog.


I am still suffering from headaches, fever and coughing up phlegm so writing is slow and not flowing as easily as it was at the beginning of the story.  I found that I accidentally switched tense in Chapter 6 and had to go back and correct the beginning of Chapter 6. 

I think I am suffering from some kind of Virus brain. Possibly, I am just getting old... ! But on the bright side, at least I caught the mistake early on. 

The hardest goal this month will be editing 2 chapters of Ginnie Transformed.  I am still undecided on a cover. I made a few different ones but ended up hating then all. I am sure it will get sorted. I have some eager book cover designers hounding me but their prices are expensive and I have no idea what I want. Not a clue. I know what I don't want. I don't want people on my cover. The search continues.

I did a little updating to the cover of Beef Witch You. Who knew a little writing prompt could start such a fun writing journey? 





My wonderful readers, I hope you are well and thanks for stopping by the blog.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September already update.

My books are available on more sites

Beef Witch You book review