Beef Witch You book review

 

Good Evening my fabulous Nyte Readers! I would like to share this book review that was provided by a reviewer on Onlinebookclub.org 


When authors say the reviews are their lifeblood, they are not kidding.

Enjoy this in depth review of Beef Witch You, my first book out of Forestdale. Putting it out to be published and waiting for reviews are scary. But a great review definitely helps. The apparent interest in the book by other readers due to this review gives me hope. 


Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 24 Mar 2022, 04:44

by Helen Akoth

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Beef Witch You" by Venis Nytes.]


4 out of 4 stars Share This Review




Beef Witch You: Forest Haven is a gripping, action-packed fantasy novel written by Venis Nytes. This 168-paged novel is the first book in the Forestdale Series, and it takes us through the lives of two witches as they passionately explore their hatred for one another. As a descendant of the Knighton family, Savanah Knighton was expected to inherit the practice of earth magic that runs in their family. Unfortunately, she found it hard to cast the spells and would degradingly classify herself as a clumsy witch. However, one day, during her college days, this changed when she accidentally managed to create a three-wish spell mushroom. As a natural entrepreneur and person with a large appetite for money, she began to monetize her skills and grow more of the mushrooms. Soon, the customers were very many, and the demand was too high, necessitating an expansion. To expand and evade the prying eyes, she decided to buy herself a plot of land in Forestdale, an isolated place rumored to be inhabited mainly by witches and other supernatural beings.


Upon relocating to Forestdale, Savanah meets her neighbor, Beatriz Somers, who later introduces her to the laws that govern the coven. Beatriz was kind and funny, and as expected, the duo soon became fast friends. However, this friendship did not last long when Beatriz started stealing the prized spell mushrooms from Savanah’s garden and could not stop, even after several warnings. This marked the beginning of an inextinguishable hot beef between the two witches, and I immensely enjoyed their witchy fights. How will it end?


I liked the author’s writing style, and what caught might attention right from the start was how engaging it was. The first-person narrative approach by a sassy, hilarious protagonist instantly signaled I was in for a satisfying read. I loved the blunt portrayal of Savanah’s motives and the dramatic effects of her ruthless musings, as they were funny and unconventionally hilarious. Savanah’s sassy personality overrode her malicious intentions, and the fact that she was honest about the intentions made this work unexpectedly humorous. I didn’t know drama could be this entertaining. I also liked the world-building: the author created a mystical world with both conventional and unconventional magical elements. There were conventional fantasy characters, such as vampires and black cats; there were also unconventional, author-created ones, such as lycans and Tri-brids. The inclusion of diverse mythical characters enhanced my enjoyment of this book. I was also expectantly waiting for the ending and was glad that most loose ends were tied up. I also appreciated the various pleasant surprises I found along the way, most of which were hard to predict earlier.


Apart from that, I liked that the author adequately gave the characters’ backgrounds. Some of the information was revealed earlier, but others were given much later, probably to keep certain surprises until the right moments. Coupled with the fact that the characters were introduced one at a time, I was able to understand and follow this story easily.


What I liked the most about the book was how engaging it was. Savanah, the narrator, directly addresses readers on several occasions, and I liked how she would whisper to me (the reader) some secrets she did not want the other characters to know. Confiding in readers and engaging them in her inner thoughts create some bond between her and her audience, making this book even more enjoyable. That, together with her sassy personality and great sense of humor, made me like her and greatly spiced up my reading sessions.


Overall, there was nothing I disliked about this novel. I found only one punctuation error, making me believe it was professionally edited. Therefore, due to all the commendable attributes, this book deserves four out of four stars. I loved the interesting characters, the naturally flowing narration, and the humor, hence the perfect rating.


I recommend this book to readers who like interesting, action-packed fantasy stories featuring magic and incorporating some elements of romance. Fans of engaging stories laced with dry humor will also appreciate it greatly. On the other hand, this book contains profanity and content that is sexual but not quite erotic, such as nudity, touch, and kisses. Still, Ibelieve it can be enjoyed by adults and young adults alike, except for those who may be affected by such. I am glad I discovered Venis Nytes, and I am looking forward to more of her works in the future.


******

Beef Witch You

View: on Bookshelves

Re: Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 30 Mar 2022, 02:04

by TheGayOne12


The protagonist sounds very cool, so that alone would make me want to read this book. Fabulous review!


Re: Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 30 Mar 2022, 03:32

by Essy Nma


Fantasy with magic is fascinating to me. This is surely my type of book. Thanks for the review.


Re: Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 30 Mar 2022, 10:20

by Sharon Christanto


Savanah has interesting personalities, and it makes her as one of the most memorable characters I've ever known on fantasy novels 


Re: Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 30 Mar 2022, 11:18

by Amy Luman


The problems between Savannah and Beatriz seem to be handled in a way that is extremely funny.


Re: Review of Beef Witch You

Posted: 31 Mar 2022, 23:18

by Raymond N


Beef between two witches? Sounds thrilling, and I'm curious to find out how it ended. Great review.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September already update.

My books are available on more sites