Damn, July already!

 




Hello wonderful readers and followers.

I haven't posted anything since the latter part of June, so I thought I would check in and let you know that I am still alive and breathing.

My writing journey has been a bit of a go-no-go over the last few months. As many of you know, I lost my birth mother at the end of March this year. I took it surprisingly harder than I would have imagined.

For most of April, I  marathon read my way through the days to keep from dealing with and suffocating my emotions. Luckily some amazing authors wrote equally fabulous alien sci-fi stories to truly take me out of this world. Authors Honey Phillips, Luna  Kingsley, Presley Hall, and Madison Savage.

Here are just a few:



In other news on my writing progress

Beef Witch You has a 3500-word first chapter. I just finished writing a second chapter yesterday, another 3500 words.  Writing each chapter exactly 3500 words even after editing is my little personal side challenge. Why 3500 words? I  honestly thought I was going for 3400 and kept landing 50 to 60 words over. I took a break and looked back at the first chapter, and it was actually 3500 words. So I have decided that 3500 words per chapter are the goal until this story is done. I am determined to keep it a short story. I am trying to have fun with this story, so my protagonist is sassy. Chapter two unexpectedly introduces a possible love interest. I have to be honest; I was just as surprised as you are. I am ready to jump into chapter 3 and show my antagonists. I am writing this book on Wattpad so you can keep up with the story there. Inkitt will also be updated as I go along.

Ginnie Transformed has only gained about 2 or 3 more chapters. I think I am doing what I do when I know an excellent book will end. I am having separation anxiety and slowed my writing progress.

E-Volv has gotten a few chapters of editing. I wrote the kitchen games chapter and did some rereading. I hope readers like the spiciness and the adventure I am striving to give this story. 

TIME LESS and UNNAMED have had some slight edits but mostly re-reading. 

NEW WIP - I don't have a name for it yet and spent several days in my head in its world. I drafted some notes, wrote some parts, and created some characters. I don't want to start another story without completing my other wips.

I added my books to the Inkitt app and received some pretty nice reviews on my first draft shorter version of Beef Witch You. 

On Wattpad, my first draft short version of Kissing in the Rain: an erotic short story collection got over 1k reads, so I felt happy to hit that milestone. 

The new authors I am connecting with on Instagram have been nice. I need to get back to my Facebook writing groups, but as you probably know, Facebook is my least favorite mode of social media. I get literally zero interaction on my posts unless I am posting in a writers group, and most writer groups don't want you advertising your books or websites.

I made a new logo. Hope you like it!

I talked to my daughter, and she mentioned that she has a publisher for her children's book. I am so proud of her. She also said she found a story writing prompt book at retailer 5 and below. Who knew? She read me some of the stories she wrote from the prompts. They were interesting.

Happy Writing!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September already update.

My books are available on more sites

November writing update