UNNAMMED glossary

 



UNNAMED Glossary  (first draft)


Raa-men (Rah-men)- alien race of warriors that look like humanoid, except much larger and more muscular, and they get markings that are their source of power and weakness.

Cycles- years

Breva (Bray-va)- birds

Gliding- similar to flying (drifting on wind) for short distances, volplaning

Siam- Siamese cat like race, regal, have tails. catlike eyes and features, walks on two legs human-like appearance

Sundrani (Soon-dra-nee) Mixed race

Solstice- Solar event  where one of the three suns moves to the opposite side of the planet

Yerns (Yurn)- miles

Tyto (Tee-Toe)- owl like race usually scientists, doctors and advisers





 © Venis Nytes

started writing October 2015

This is just as much for me as it is for you. I wanted a couple of alien words to use to help create the environment. It is a work in progress as the story develops so there may be times when you and I need to refer to it. I will try to keep the words short. 

I read an alien sci fi romance where the alien's language was like 10 syllables for each word. I loved the authors take on the word play and even now as I write this I am smiling. The author's name is Honey Phillips and its one of  her books in the Exposed to the Elements series.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November writing update

September already update.

Beef Witch You book review