Let Me Explain

 VENIS NYTES WRITES



Ok, so a bit of house cleaning first!

I created a different blog for my writing. The one I made originally back in like 2014 or 2015  was inaccessible for the longest. It was visible, but I could not access it to make any updates until I finally decided to just do a whole new blog today. Guess who decides to want to pop up? 

Yep!

The old blog. What kind of frogglenoggle bullsh*t was that?

Admittedly, I am pretty pissed off, but maybe now I can have my blog go in a slightly better direction than it was back then. I have paid for the domain for another two years, so it will stay the same for now at Blog After Midnight.  I don't have time to do all of the stuff I wanted to back then, and quite frankly, I don't want to anymore. So this will be just blogs of my writing, prose, songs, writing prompts, and story updates. It's where I will hash out the bones of the novels. I may begin writing the first few chapters, first drafts, and then the remainder of the story will be taken offline to finish and polish up. You will be able to get snippets, updates, and frustrated rants and participation in writer lifts on my social media pages.

Facebook   Twitter  and  IG  

I read and write fiction for adults. 

I love reading. 

YA is fine, but at my age, I am not really into angsty teens trying to find themselves through high school drama. I prefer NA, Adult, and some erotic genres. I am not into anything, baby daddies, best friends, brothers or sisters, or step anything.  I have enough real life to not want, need or be interested in memoirs and non-fiction. I love diverse authors and LGBTQIA+ authors and stories, but I have a hard time reading slang, so I don't read many urban stories. That kind of sucks because I have read a few that were really good, but there wasn't a huge amount of slang. 

I love steamy paranormal romance, especially vampire, and am finding that I like sci-fi alien romance. I have read some really great indie authors that wrote amazing ya psych thrillers. I could do that sometimes, and of course, I have read Harry Potter, The Hunger Game Series, The Hobbit, Beowulf, and Twilight, but those are the exceptions. I usually check out authors that engage with me on social media to find new reads. I am also in some writer groups on FB. I am not a fan of FB, so I am not on there often except when I need some inspiration from the writing groups or have some to spare.


As some of you know, I was a book blogger, reviewer, and indie author promoter. Gosh, how I love indie authors. They were so genuine and kind, and I was privy to some outstanding books.  Unfortunately, at the end of 2015, things changed drastically for me. My biological father's death, the devastating stroke of my mother-in-law (who will be referred to as MIL), the in-laws moving in with us, and for me to take care of them left absolutely no time for myself. Then, my father-in-law's death in 2017 has left me as the primary person providing care for my disabled MIL. It has and continues to be a 7 day a week endeavor. It's hard, depressing, unpleasant, and thankless. 

The good news is that after almost 5 years, I have managed to get down to a pretty regular schedule that allowed me to finally carve out some time for myself last October. I decided to pick up my writing, and I had become a different person and a different writer. I have writing up on Wattpad that had not been touched since 2015. I started working on it and trying to network with authors and writers on social media. It's a slow and tedious process.  

I rearranged my writing and finally finished my book of short stories. A first draft edition is available on Wattpad for free. The revised edition is just waiting to be hard edited, formatted, and published. 


snippets available on www.venisnytes.com
The shorter first draft edition is available on Wattpad. This is a collection of four explicit, erotic short stories that read more like moments in time. The future published edition will have more content and is novella length. One of the stories in this collection had over 29k reads and over 4-star ratings. It's an MMF story. All 4 stories are wildly different. The only thing they have in common is rain is a part of each story.

I also made all-new book covers for my books except for the story Time Less because I paid for that one to be made by someone on Fiverr. I may still change it when it becomes closer to publication time. The cover for Ginnie Transformed will be changed closer to publication as well.  The story called The Ties that Bind has been re-named to E-Volv.

Current works in progress (#wips)

Ginnie Transformed is a paranormal/fantasy romance.
UNNAMED is my crazy first attempt at writing sci-fi romance
E-Volv is paranormal romantic suspense (will be a 2-3 book series)
TIME LESS is a reverse take on paranormal romance shifter

Ok. Yep. 
I think that covers most of the things I wanted to talk about for today.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September already update.

My books are available on more sites

Beef Witch You book review