September already update.

 


Good gravy!! It's already September. Half of the month is gone by.

Hi, my lovely readers!!

I did it yall!!

I finished my first draft of my novella Beef Witch You

To type the words The End.  

Life changing.



I completed something that was not on my list of life things. I have written 2 complete novellas. 

Kissing in the Rain: an erotic short story collection 

Beef Witch You  (it's a semi-light hearted fun witch fantasy)



I  still have a bit more editing, but I created the book cover myself and found a pro to make a promotional video for the story. I think it turned out nice. 

Did you know that I have a Spotify playlist for Beef Witch You? 



I paid for some advertising last month, but it didn't help as much as I expected.  I made a tiktok page but I don't want to be in front of a camera. I have no desire to attempt any of the latest trends and since I am a new writer...not a new actor, I wonder how it will help me gain exposure for my writing. 


Last night I wrote story notes and designed two more book covers for the next two books coming out of my fictional world of Forestdale. The second book will be my first holiday themed book and be complete in time for this year's Christmas holidays. 

  • I am going to keep them novella length. Going for 10 chapters of no more than 3400 to 4000 words per chapter. 
  • I may do 12 chapters for this next story but not 100% sure yet. 
  • I will be writing a chapter or so a week even though I am not going to post anything new for the remainder of this month. 
That will give me time to hopefully complete the majority of the story and possibly start on the third book which I am eager to start but had to do a bit of research so I hope I can pull it off ok. Crossing fingers and toes.


I need to get back to working on Ginnie Transformed.  I think I have let it rest long enough. 

It's hard because my mind is enjoying being in Forestdale.  However, I do mention something from Ginnie Transformed in the Forestdale books. 

*SPOILER: That is one of the Easter eggs.

I think I am going to see if I can have someone make a map for my fictional world. That might be a neat thing to have done if the books ever go into print. 

Just for the record I still don't like editing but I know it's a necessary.

Have a great rest of your week. 

Keep writing and keep reading. Stay encouraged!

Thanks for stopping by!

~ Venis Nytes 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My books are available on more sites

Beef Witch You book review