What happened to Ginnie?

 

THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY


What happened to Ginnie...

After I wrote part three, intending it to be a short story for the Kissing in the Rain Collection, I got stuck. Like bogged down, I had no idea which way I was going with the story. I did not have a plan; I am a pantser. Yeah, I know you pro writers are laughing, but this is what happened to Ginnie. I couldn't make my initial thought come together. Then I read something online about things authors hate to read. High and several times on the list was about cheating husbands and initially, I was considering that. Even though I honestly don't like that either. I have trouble watching movies and series about it. I struggled through season 1 of Dr. Foster on Netflix and still haven't brought myself to finish season 2. The writing is great, it is just one of those things. So like I was saying I was stuck. Like tires in the mud. The story came to a screeching halt.

I was so stuck I had run out of ideas of how to move the story forward. I was also dealing with my father's death and the subsequent knowledge that my MIL had had a horrible stroke leaving her debilitated and disabled in a way that she could not take care of herself. So I was forced to walk away from my business and my writing.

During the later part of the pandemic year 2020, I returned slowly to my writing.

To my relief and surprise, Ginnie started unfolding in my imagination.

 I created a new cover and retitled Ginnie to Ginnie Transformed in August 2020.

removed from this collection


this is a temporary cover




Years later, Last year in October, I picked up my writing, reread all of my WIPS, and all of a sudden, in mid-October, Ginnie started telling me her story. I was writing a chapter a day. 

Note a.o.y = as of yesterday

Oct 10 chapter 5 4292 words

Oct 11 chapter 6 4311 words

Oct 12 took a break, watched Netflix, and played Xbox

Oct 13 chapter 7 3948 words

Oct 14 chapter 8 4203 a.o.y 4219

Had 4-day migraine /depression

Oct 18 chapter 9 4499 a.o.y 6522

Oct 19-22 chapter 10 4623 a.o.y 5233

Oct 23 chapter 11 4920 a.o.y 5016

Oct 26 chapter 12 829


Total 34,370 words in 11 writing days.

Or 16 calendar days.


In November, my writing started to slow down some, but I feel like I still accomplished a reasonable amount of writing. I did not participate in NaNoWriMo 2020. I actually started the hashtag #nanowrimounofficially 

Chapter 13 6167 words

Chapter 14 4687 words

Chapter 15 5921 words

Chapter 16 4190 words

Chapter 17 5475 words then became 6050 words

Chapter 18 5408 words this chapter took a few days

Chapter 19 8577

In December,. 

Chapter 20 7295 words

Chapter 21 4348 words

Chapter 22 5929 words

 January 1st, 2021, I wrote chapter 23, 5451 words

by Jan 2nd, I was out for the count.

 I got sick with covid and barely wrote anything for a month and a half.



In March, I declared mutiny against setting goals and managed to write 

Chapter 24 word count over 6820

Chapter 25 word count over 6k now at 8468

 plus, I wrote two micro stories

March 17 Chapter 26 word count 4502k

March 19 Chapter 27 word count 8236k

March 28  Chapter 28  word count 4416k

33,442 words added to Ginnie Transformed

March 31st, my birth mother passed, and I went into grieving. 



April 3rd, I finally came up with a blurb for Ginnie Transformed.

April 10-16 Chapter 29 word count 4388k


I read 8 books in the month of April. I didn't feel much like writing and wanted to disappear, so I lost myself reading in other worlds and planets, created by other authors, mostly through sci-fi romance. 

I will just leave that right there for you.



I am currently still working on Ginnie Transformed and getting some editing done on it so I won't be any more overwhelmed.  I invested in Grammarly.  I can already see the difference it is making. Can I just say wow! You can read snippets of chapters on my IG account and 1 full chapter of Ginnie Transformed on my website.
Thanks for following along with my writing journey.

*At the time I wrote this blog back at the beginning of May 2021, I was up to 160,728 words for this novel. I was just starting to edit it and was struggling. Editing wasn't fun but it was too expensive to pay to have it done. Editors were chomping at the bit. If I could have afforded it, believe me, I would have let them have at it.  Let's hope by the time I get this book done that I have learned to write better so editing the next books won't be so traumatic.

Happy Writing and Reading!

~Venis Nytes




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November writing update

September already update.

Beef Witch You book review